Monday 23 June 2014

Herts Garden Mothing (20th June)

I cashed out on my very own portable heath trap recently and was delighted to have the opportunity to set it up in my Kings Langley garden in Hertfordshire after I returned home for the holidays.  I'm situated next to the common which includes a fair amount of woodland (mostly oaks) and on the periphery there is some bramble, weeds and bindweed, all in all decent habitat for a variety of moths.

outside trap:

2 Common Footman
2 Small Magpie
1 unIDed micro

Common Footman

unIDed

inside trap:

5 Small Magpie
3 Mottled Beauty
1 Middle-barred Minor
2 Double-spot Clay
3 Heart and Dart
1 Heart and Club
1 Uncertain/Rustic?
Mottled Beauty


Heart and Club

Double Square-spot

 
unIDed micro

Light Brown Apple Moth

Uncertain/Rustic?

Photographed this particular Small Magpie the night before, found by Ephraim in the garage.

Small Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment